About the Illinois Health and Hospital Association
The Illinois Health and Hospital Association, with offices in Naperville, Chicago, Springfield and Washington, D.C., is dedicated to advocating for Illinois' more than 200 hospitals and nearly 50 health systems as they serve their patients and communities throughout the state. Our members provide a broad range of services -- not just within their walls, but across the continuum and throughout their communities. Reflecting the diversity of our state, our member nonprofit, investor-owned and public hospitals include:
- Community hospitals
- Safety net hospitals
- Teaching hospitals and academic medical centers
- Rural and critical access hospitals
- Specialty hospitals
Who We Are
To be the trusted voice and resource for members as they care for their communities.
To be the most trusted and influential Association in advancing optimal health and healthcare
- Vision for Illinois Healthcare
To support each person's quest for optimum health, all individuals and communities have access to high-quality healthcare at the right time and in the right setting
Governance and Policy Development
IHA operations are directed by President and Chief Executive Officer A.J. Wilhelmi and the Board of Trustees. Constituency sections and other member forums provide many opportunities for member participation in IHA's policy development process.
IHA Bylaws (January 2016)
IHA Business Solutions
IHA enhances the success of our members by offering a portfolio of innovative solutions to meet their business and financial needs. Our competitive services strengthen the value of IHA membership while helping to secure IHA's financial future.
COMPdata Informatics is the leader in innovative healthcare information solutions for Illinois hospitals. It is the most comprehensive source of information and data that are vital for market share and utilization comparisons, physician analysis, charge comparisons, and quality improvement.
COMPdata Informatics provides timely data and information, extensive report generation and data analysis tools, and mapping and graphics capabilities for local-area community health care analysis.
Insurance Solutions addresses the risk challenges faced by healthcare organizations. Programs include:
- Illinois Provider Trust (IPT) - a hospital-owned trust offering medical professional and general liability coverage to nonprofit hospitals;
- Physician Professional Liability - offered through Medical Alliance Insurance Company;
- Illinois Compensation Trust (ICT) - a hospital-owned trust offering workers' compensation and employers' liability coverage to nonprofit hospitals and healthcare organizations;
- Medical Professional Liability and Workers' Compensation Claims Management;
- Risk Management Consulting - Medical Professional Liability and Workers' Compensation;
- Unemployment Compensation Services;
- Actuarial Services; and
- Insurance Brokerage Services - liability coverages including executive liability, cyber coverage and excess workers' compensation.
IPC Group Purchasing (IPC) is a unique program that combines the benefits of national group purchasing organization pricing with the advantages and flexibility of regional contracting and the opportunity to share best practices through peer networking. IPC's successful volume aggregation model is key to achieving the best value for all members.
The IPC Advisory Council, comprised of IPC member supply chain executives, leads the contract decision-making process. Member specialty groups, in areas such as pharmacy, and cardiology meet occasionally for educational purposes and contract discussions. Customized support maximizes contract savings and provides an additional resource to members' supply chain staff.
Illinois Hospital Research and Educational Foundation (IHREF), a subsidiary of IHA, sponsors numerous educational opportunities, including webinars, for those in the healthcare industry.
HealthCare Associates Credit Union (HACU)
HACU is a nonprofit, full-service financial cooperative chartered by IHA in 1979 to provide banking and financial services to member hospitals and their employees throughout Illinois.